Browse the FAQs below to find quick answers to your questions and if you don’t find the answer, please tell us.
What is the KaiStore?
The KaiStore is where you can find apps for your Cat® B35 such as Facebook and Twitter.
What happens if my phone breaks?
If your phone breaks, it might be covered under warranty. Read more about your warranty here or please contact customer support here
What happens if my phone screen breaks?
If your screen breaks, it might be covered under warranty. Read more about your warranty here or please contact customer support here
Is my phone waterproof?
Yes, your phone is waterproof and can withstand salt mist. It can be submerged in up to 1.2m (4ft) for 35 minutes.
Will there be future software updates?
Yes, you can expect to receive software updates.
What type of SD card does the phone support?
SDXC Class 10/Ultra high speed up to 32GB
What is KaiOS?
KaiOS is a simple, light weight operating system designed for 4G enabled feature phones. It is not a complex smartphone operating system, but it does offer some smartphone experiences through light weight versions of popular applications such as the Google Assistant and Google Maps.
You can also download games and apps via the KaiStore.
Are there more apps available?
Yes, these can be downloaded from the KaiStore.
How can I turn on Google Assistant?
Via the app menu, or by a long press on the Select/”OK”Key
What is the battery life – talk time – standby time?
These are estimated as the actual results depend on the network environment, apps and connectivity settings. Estimated at 12 hrs talk time and 30 days standby time.
What do I do when I have problems with service?
There are a few quick checks you can do:
1. The device may be outside of the network coverage for the network service provider; to recover, you will need to re-locate to an area covered by the Network provider.
2. SIM card is invalid, please contact your network supplier, if the SIM card has recently become invalid, you need to contact the Network provider to check why the card is no longer valid and how this can be resolved.
What should I do if the phone is asking me to enter a PUK code?
After three consecutive incorrect SIM card PIN code entries, the code is blocked, and you need the PUK code to unblock it. Contact your service provider.
After ten consecutive incorrect PUK code entries the SIM card will be permanently disabled. If you disable the SIM card following the incorrect input of the PUK code, you will need to contact the service provider to buy a new SIM card.
Why does the phone say ‘No valid SIM card’?
Your SIM card may be locked or have an error.
Please insert the right SIM card or contact your service provider to discuss the status of the SIM card and options to validate the SIM card or purchase recommended SIM product.
Why is the phone saying I can only make Emergency calls?
This might be displayed if either SIM1 or 2 cards are not recognized, or when you are outside your network but inside other networks. You can only make emergency calls during this time.
Check with the Network provider that the SIM card is still valid.
What should I do if the phone does not turn on?
“Hold down the Power Key for 5 seconds.
If the device does not power on then try charging the device according to the charging instructions in the user manual.
If the device will not charge then please try holding down the Power Key for 20 seconds to reset the device.”
What type of headphone connection does the phone have?
3.5mm Type CTIA
Which apps are pre-installed?
Google Search™, Google Maps™, the Google Assistant™ and YouTube™ are preinstalled as well as the main KaiOS apps.
Is the battery removable?
No, you cannot remove the battery.
How big is the battery?
The Cat® B35 has a 2,300mAh battery.
How big is the memory and storage?
512GB RAM – 4GB ROM. External microSD™ card supported – Type SDXC Class 10/Ultra high speed/32GB
What type of screen does the phone have?
The display is a 2.4″ QVGA TFT LCD screen. It is not a touchscreen. You can navigate it using the 4 way navigation with keypad buttons.
How do enable/disable Bluetooth and connect Bluetooth tethering?
Note: Bluetooth tethering is subject to being included in your data package with your Network Operator.
On the device:
1. Go to the settings menu and scroll across to “Network & Connectivity”.
2. Scroll down to “Bluetooth” and click it in the menu.
3. Select “On” to enable Bluetooth
4. Select “Visible to All” to make your device discoverable
5. Scroll down to “Nearby Devices” and click this to look for other devices
1. On your PC/Lap top search for Bluetooth devices
2. Select your device and connect to it
3. Once your device is connected and the drivers are successfully installed, click on your device from the list of connected devices – tethering is complete
How do I carry out a Factory reset on the device?
NOTE: Before performing this activity, ensure you have backed up your data.
1. Go to Settings menu.
2. Scroll to the “Device” sub menu.
3. Select “Device Information” from menu
4. Scroll down to “Reset Phone”.
5. Click “Reset Phone”
6. The device will then reboot.
How can I transfer data to another device via Bluetooth (for example an image)?
1. Locate the file that you wish to share on your device.
2. If you only want to send one item, for example a photograph, click on it and then click on options.
3. Select the Share option from the list and then select Bluetooth .
4. Choose which Bluetooth enabled device to send the file to.
5. Accept the incoming file on the target device.
How do I find my IMEI Number?
1. This can be found on the outside of the box that you received your phone in and makes up part of the Approval’s label.
2. If the box is not available, type into the device via the keyboard*#06# a pop up box will show the device IMEI.
3. Select Settings and then About phone and then Status, you will now have the option to select IMEI information.
Type: Non removable Lithium Ion
Up to 12 hours talk time and 30 days standby time ✣
|Connectivity:||Audio Jack: 3.5mm
Wi-Fi®: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz)
USB: micro USB 2.0
SIM Type: Nano SIM, dual and single SIM variants
GPS: GPS, Glonass
|Processor:||Qualcomm 8905 Dual-Core 1.3GHz|
|Dimensions and Weight:||138 x 60 x 13.9|
|Display / Screen:||2.4″ QVGA Colour Display|
|Display cover / Screen Cover:||Plastic|
|Data speed✣||Maximum Downlink Data Rate: 150MBs
Maximum Uplink Data Rate: 50MBs
FM Radio, Media player
Record – 480p, 30fps
Playback – 720p, 30fps
512 MB RAM
(Expandable via microSD™ card)
|Network||LTE (4G): 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 40|
1, 2, 5, 8
2, 3, 5, 8