If you are getting inaccurate results from the Measure app there are a few things you can try to improve the accuracy:
– Calibrate your device. It is recommended that you regularly calibrate the laser / camera alignment, particularly after any drops of impacts to the device. When calibrating use as high distance as possible, up to 1.5 metres.
– Ensure you are holding the holding the phone parallel to the object you are measuring and not tilting the phone up or down.
– If you are re-measuring from an image saved in the Measure gallery, remember that you can only measure areas on the same surface / distance away as the original measurement.
– Ensure the red laser dot is directly in the centre of the green square, and in the middle of the crosshairs on the zoomed in view of the green square.
– The Measure app is designed for measureing distances up to 8 metres away, measuring a larger distance will give less accurate results.
– Keep the device as still as possible when you are taking a measurement, and for a second after the measurement capture button has been pushed.
– Hold the device in landscape orientation.
For more information on how to get the most out of the Measure app – see “How To” videos here