Continuing our Unstoppable Stories series, Firefighter Tino tells us how his Cat® S61 smartphone is perfect for the rigorous environments that are part of his working day.
Tino currently lends his 15 years of emergency services experience to a voluntary group of firefighters on the island of Brač, Croatia. Even as a child, he looked up to the firefighters who protected his community, fuelling his dream to follow in their footsteps.
“Saving lives is why we do this job”
Throughout the year, the team are used to dealing with diverse challenges from summer forest fires to road traffic accidents.
“Firefighters never know how long they’ll be on a rescue mission. It can last for an hour or up to two days,” Tino comments. For this reason, it is crucial for him to have a phone with a long battery life. Luckily, the Cat S61 has got him covered.
Using the Rugged Cat S61
With 37 hours talk time, its battery soldiers on through the long shifts – Tino loves that he doesn’t even have to think about charging his phone during the day and knows it’s still functioning when he needs it the most.
Aside from the rugged credentials of the smartphone, its in-built tools are huge assets to the team. “The thermal camera is one of the most important features of this phone to help us detect a fire early on.” Since the phone can also handle extremely high temperatures, this job is no challenge for the Cat S61.
Having a Cat phone has revolutionised Tino’s working day. His next mission? Making sure the rest of the team get their hands on one too.
Watch the team in action:
The Cat S61 Smartphone:
- Leading rugged credentials
- Aluminium reinforced die-cast frame
- MIL Spec 810G
- Built to survive repeated drop tests onto concrete from 1.8m
- IP68 and IP69K dustproof and waterproof, tested in water up to 3m deep for 1 hour
- Screen protected by the latest Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- FLIR® Thermal camera: Lepton
- Increase measurable scene temperature range -20°C to 400°C
- Enhanced MyFLIR app with Live Streaming of thermal images
- Improved FLIR® MSX image resolution
- Laser assisted area and distance measurement, up to 8m
- VOC indoor air quality meter and humidity sensor
- Android™ Oreo (with upgrade to P)
- 5.2” FHD bright display, optimised for outdoor use
- Touch screen can be controlled with gloves on or with wet fingers
- Large 4,500mAh capacity battery, QC4.0 compatible
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, 4K video
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM (expandable with MicroSD)
- 2.2GHz Octa-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 630)
- LTE Cat 13, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Enhanced GPS, BT5.0, NFC, dual band WiFi (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- Curated app catalogue for rugged device users