The SOS key will allow you to send a predefined custom SMS message, including your current location, to up to three predefined contacts through the Location Alert app, installed on the device.
Using the SOS key:
1. Note: The SOS key must be setup to function correctly.
To access the SOS button, simply open the SOS button cover, then press and hold the SOS button as shown in the illustrations below for 1.5 seconds.
2. By default, the SOS key will allow you to send a predefined custom SMS message, including your current location, to up to three predefined contacts through the Location Alert app, installed on the device.
3. Before the key can be used to send messages, you need to define the custom message content and who you would like to receive the message(s).
4. The location shared by the app will be established by your mobile device, and only sent to the message recipients you specify.
5. The accuracy of your location information, and your ability to send an SMS through Location Alert will vary according to network conditions, and in areas of no cellular coverage you will not be able to use this function.
6. You must also enable the Location function (Settings > Location) and ensure the Location Alert check box is ticked (Settings > SOS key).
7. For security reasons, your device needs to be unlocked for this function to work. If you wish to use this functionality in a hazardous area, it is recommended that you set a long display Sleep time so that your device stays unlocked for longer (Settings > Display > Sleep), or you may choose to temporarily disable the Screen lock (Settings > Security > Screen lock).
Note: Full details in the User Manual