To maintain the accuracy of measurements, it is important that the laser/camera alignment of the Cat S61 is calibrated regularly. This will need to be done at first use and should be done frequently using the Measure app’s calibration process.
To calibrate, go to Settings > Calibrate and follow the instructions on the screen. You will need a tape measure and a flat service, like a table to complete the process.
For best results:
– Ensure you are holding the device parallel to the object you wish to measure. It is important that your phone is not angled up or down.
– Use a height or distance of at least 1 metre for the calibration process.
– Using the same height or distance for calibration repeatedly means you do not need to manually re-measure each time.
– It is advisable to recalibrate the Measure app whenever the S61 has had any impacts / drops.
– Hold the device in landscape orientation.
For more information on how to get the most out of Measure – see “How To” videos here