FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Point-to-point measuring, up to 8 metres
- Add dimensions and area estimates to images
- Estimate the material needed for the job
Using the Measure App
You can use the Measure app on the Cat S61 to measure distances with a tolerance of up to +/- 3%.
The app can be set to show either metric (metres and centimetres) or imperial (feet and inches) units of measure.
Measurement estimates are made using the device's in-built laser and rear camera, so images are captured when measurements are taken. You can revisit a measurement taken earlier, and even take further measurements of the scene.
How To Use the Measure App
To maintain the accuracy of measurements, it is important that the laser/camera alignment of the Cat S61 is calibrated regularly. This will need to be done at first use and should be done frequently using the Measure app's calibration process.
The calibration process is simple to complete. You'll need to manually measure a height or distance using a tape measure and input that information. The app then takes a measurement over this known distance, allowing it to calibrate the laser/camera alignment against the known value. This is then used as the baseline for other measurements taken using the Measure app.
You will be automatically prompted to complete the calibration process the first time you start the Measure app on your Cat S61. You can then recalibrate whenever convenient by selecting Calibrate from the app menu.
For best results:
- Use a height or distance of at least 1 metre for the calibration process.
- Using the same height or distance for calibration repeatedly means you do not need to manually re-measure each time.
- It is advisable to recalibrate the Measure app whenever the S61 has been dropped of more than 1 metre / 3 feet.
24 MONTH WARRANTY
From date of purchase
14 DAY RETURNS
No questions asked